These declarations must be made by everyone applying for a Rent to Buy tenancy.
1. I understand that I am responsible for all the information that I am giving in my application, including information about other people.
2. I have read and checked all of these declarations.
3. In the case of joint/multiple applicants, I confirm that I have the consent of and I am entitled to disclose information about my fellow applicants.
4. I declare that the answers and information given in respect of this application are correct and true. I understand that any fraudulent, false or misleading statements and/or omissions in respect of my application or if I make a vexatious application this may be sufficient grounds for cancelling my application and agreements entered into with DCANS Properties Limited & Rent to Buy Ghana and that:
A. I will make good any loss which Rent to Buy Ghana may suffer by relying on information, and
B. I will not be permitted to make another application for twelve months from the date of cancellation of this application.
5. I am aware that I am solely responsible for any fees/costs incurred by me in connection with this application. Examples of such fees are any broker fees/arrangement fees/valuation fees/legal fees (this is not an exhaustive list). I will also be responsible for any fees/costs incurred by Rent to Buy Ghana as a result of my withdrawal of an application. This is without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that Rent to Buy Ghana may have, depending on the situation.
6. I agree that I will send to Rent to Buy Ghana such additional information as may be required by it to enable the further processing of my application as soon as possible and within the time limit specified by it. Failure to do this may be sufficient grounds for cancelling my application.
7. I am at least eighteen years old and resident in Ghana. I acknowledge that where I am married, a civil partner or part of a couple living together or intending to live together in a property then the application must be in the joint names of myself and my spouse, civil partner or partner.
8. I understand that Rent to Buy Ghana does not give financial, taxation or legal advice. If I need advice I must consult my own professional adviser.
About my application
1. I agree that I will send to Rent to Buy Ghana such additional information as may be required by it to enable the further processing of my application as soon as possible and within the time limit specified by it. Failure to do this may be sufficient grounds for cancelling my application.
2. I know that I must advise you at once in writing of any changes in my contact details or in my circumstances that might affect my application. This may result in any Decision in Principle or final offer being changed or withdrawn, depending on the nature of the change in circumstances.
3. If I want to appoint or change any representative or anyone acting for me I must notify you in writing.
4. I understand that if there is more than one applicant named on the application Rent to Buy Ghana will only send documents/correspondence/emails/text messages in connection with the processing of my application to the residential address/email/mobile telephone number/address of the first applicant.
5. I understand if my application is successful Rent to Buy Ghana will correspond with me at the address of the property applied for following commencement of the tenancy in whatever format it may decide.
6. I understand that it is up to me to keep in regular contact with Rent to Buy Ghana. Rent to Buy Ghana bears no responsibility for any failure or delay in the delivery of text messages/email and/or post.
7. I accept that Rent to Buy Ghana may withdraw, revise or turn down my application for Rent to Buy at any stage without stating a reason.
8. I am aware that Rent to Buy is a pilot initiative and as such will be subject to periodic review. As a result, if I change my mind about this application or it is turned down and I make another application later on and any changes have been made to Rent to Buy, my application must be dealt with in line with the rules and regulations in place at that time.
9. I am aware that this application ny Decision in Principle or final offer which may be issued is not assignable or transferable to anyone else.
10. I understand that, where any documentation provided by me or in connection with the processing of my application is originally in a language other than English, Rent to Buy Ghana may obtain a translation of the contents into English for the purpose of dealing with the information.
11. I understand that Rent to Buy Ghana will retain a limited range of equal opportunities information for monitoring and statistical purposes and that this information will be separate from my other details and form no part of the dealings on my application for a Rent to Buy tenancy.
12. I am aware that in processing any application to Rent to Own and in the administration of any tenancy agreement or option to purchase Rent to Buy Ghana may use its agent and that any instruction/correspondence given by a representative of Rent to Buy Ghana will have the same effect as if it were given by a representative of Rent to Buy Ghana.
13. I am aware that all Rent to Buy Ghana applications are subject to criteria, valuation, contract, title and funding. Any Decision in Principle or final offer is not a contract, nor is it intended as such.
14. I understand that any Decision in Principle or final offer will be subject to:
A. All applicants named in all respects continuing to meet the current criteria of Rent to Buy;
B. Verification to our satisfaction of the details provided;
C. The condition/valuation/title to the property and the condition/title of the housing development of which it forms part (where appropriate) being acceptable to us;
D. Our solicitor being in a position to certify the legal title to DCANS Properties Limited (Rent to Buy Ghana) as good and marketable;
E. Satisfactory financial searches against all applicants;
F. All applicants entering into a tenancy agreement and an option agreement with Rent to Buy Ghana. These documents will be in the terms as available in the examples available on our website. However the terms may be subject to amendment (for instance, some extra details specific to the legal title to the property you have chosen);
G. There being no change in your financial or other circumstances before completion of the purchase;
H. Any directives and/or requirements issued by the Ministry of Works & Housing or its successors or by any other external body or organisation to which Rent to Buy Ghana is answerable;
I. Rent to Buy Ghana being able to comply with all legislative requirements and the requirement of any law enforcement agency;
J. Rent to Buy Ghana having adequate funding available to finance the purchase of a property of your choice;
K. Rent to Buy Ghana receiving the down payment and a holding deposit (equivalent to one month’s rent) when required.
15. I understand that if my application is successful then a Rent to Buy tenancy can only start when Rent to Buy Ghana has bought the property from the vendor and has given to the applicant the keys to the property. We strongly recommend no one makes any arrangements to vacate their current accommodation or terminate any tenancy they may currently have unless, and until, the property has been purchased through Rent to Buy and they have been given a date when their tenancy will start. Any arrangements any applicant may make or any fees or costs incurred in acting on any Decision in Principle or final offer letter are a matter for an applicant and not for Rent to Buy Ghana.
16. I understand that at the time of my application Rent to Buy Ghana or its agent will share my personal data with a credit reference agency to access my credit report so that it can assess my financial standing to check if I am suitable for Rent to Buy.
17. I understand that Rent to Buy Ghana may carry out searches against my name in any Bankruptcy Register and the Enforcement of Judgements Office and use credit scoring methods to assess my application and to verify my identity, and may approach credit reference agencies about me who will supply credit information, as well as information from the Electoral Register. The agencies may record details of the credit search conducted whether or not this application proceeds. Credit reference agencies may treat people applying together applicants as financially linked. Credit searches and other information provided to Rent to Buy Ghana and/or the credit reference agencies about me and those with financial links to me may be used by Rent to Buy Ghana and other companies if credit decisions are made about me. In addition to its use in the evaluation of this application and the management of any subsequent tenancy agreement or option to purchase, this information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering.
18. I do not own property in Ghana or elsewhere and have no outstanding settlement arrangements from the sale of any property.
19. I am not bankrupt, or subject to an individual voluntary arrangement and it is more than 3 years since any bankruptcy or IVA has been discharged.
20. I understand that following completion of the tenancy Rent to Buy Ghana will report my rental payment information to CRAs. In the event that I do not pay my rent on time I understand that my credit report may be negatively impacted.
21. I understand that if I have been a tenant in the 12 months preceding the date of my application, Rent to Buy Ghana may approach my current or previous landlord for a reference.
22. I understand that Rent to Buy Ghana or its agents may approach any employer named in my application, or in any supporting documents submitted to Rent to Buy Ghana, for confirmation of income detailed in the application. If I have declared any income from self-employment in this application, I understand that Rent to Buy Ghana or its agent may approach my account or bookkeeper for confirmation of that income. Rent to Buy Ghana or its agents may also contact any parties named in the application or any supporting documentation submitted to Rent to Buy Ghana.
23. I understand that any application submitted to Rent to Buy Ghana will be retained by them or their agents for an appropriate period whether or not the application is successful.
24. I am aware that Rent to Buy Ghana is committed to carrying out business fairly, honestly and openly and adopts a zero-tolerance policy towards bribery.
About Rent to Buy properties
1. In order to proceed the property must be acceptable to Rent to Buy Ghana (if brought in by tenant-buyer), as the buyer. Rent to Buy Ghana’ decision whether or not to purchase a property will be final.
2. Incentives are excluded from the value of the property. An incentive is anything which may be considered as a benefit to an applicant connected with the purchase of the property. I must declare any incentives. Not all incentives will be acceptable to Rent to Buy Ghana.
3. I am aware that it is up to me to satisfy myself as to the price value and condition of the property which will be the subject of a Rent to Buy tenancy